Home

Background

About the Department
 
The Department of Anatomy Physiology of Farm Animals was founded in 1920 as “Department of Anatomy, Physiology, Hygiene and Veterinary Principles” Directed by Professor Pasiokas Ch. In 1958 the Department was merged with that of Microbiology that was Directed by Professor Melanidis K., since 1949. Today the Department is Directed by Professor Georgios Theodoropoulos, and it is involved in teaching and research associated with Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Animal Health mainly of Farm Animals. The Department currently consists of 6Laboratories (Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Virology, Bacteriology and Parasitology) and hosts 6 Teaching Personnel and 1 staff. The team is involved in several National and International research projects as well as the support of the agricultural sector in Greece providing help with regard to disease prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of animal health.