The Department undertakes:
- The chemical analyses of simple and compound feedstuffs (Determination of dry matter, organic matter, protein, fat and crude fibre, energy content, etc.) using modern high-precision analytical equipment.
- The formulation of diets for farm animals (ruminants, pigs, poultry, rabbits, etc.) using special software based on linear programming.
- The nutritive evaluation of different feedstuffs for various kinds of animals (ruminants, pigs, birds, rabbits, etc.) by carrying out specific experiments.
- The experimental validation of various additives for dietary supplementation in farm animals.
- Studies related to animal feedstuffs industries, grassland management, applied animal nutrition and use of by-products of agriculture or biofuel industry in animal nutrition, etc.
Furthermore, the specialized in various topics personnel, undertakes the consulting in topics of farm animal nutrition.
For more information contact:
Head, Prof. G. Zervas (Tel: +30 210 5294411, Fax: +30 210 529 4413, e-mail:email@example.com) or
Prof. K. Fegeros (Tel: +30 210 5294418, Fax: +30 210 529 4413, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org)