Professor of Veterinary Microbiology
Laboratory of Anatomy & Physiology of Farm Animals
- Veterinarian (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Veterinary Medicine) specializing in Veterinary Microbiology (MSc, Royal Veterinary College, University College London, UK), and Molecular Microbiology (PhD, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Veterinary Medicine in collaboration with the National Medical Department).
- Dean of the School of Animal Biosciences for the period 2019 – 2022.
- President of the European College of Veterinary Microbiology (ECVM), operating under the approval of the European Board of Veterinary Specializations (EBVS), for the period 2016-2021.
- Founding Member of the Hellenic Society of Nanotechnology in Health Sciences.
- Special Expert of the EU Executive Executive Agency (Research Executive Agency) (EU and Euratom research and innovation programs).
- Expert – Evaluator of EAEVE (European Association for Establishments in Veterinary Education).
- Principal Inventor of patents certified by 6 European Patents.
Coordinator / Supervisor of 20 international competitive research programs